Wednesday, November 8, 2023



Do you and your students enjoy poetry analysis and discussion?


If you would like to complement your poetry unit with a winter or spring themed poem, you might find these new TPT resources interesting.



My online ELA enrichment students, primarily 7th to 9th grades, enjoy poetry analysis, and I have noticed that nature poems are among their favorites!


Some of my students like to upload poems to Kami™ and share their screens while they annotate, in color-coded fashion, during our read alouds and discussions during our Zoom™ videoconferenceSome prefer to print them and annotate with fine-point markerscolored pens, and highlighters.


I plan to add more. For now, I have 2 recently posted poetry guides in my Teachers Pay Teachers Shop.


Robert Frost's "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" and Emily Dickinson's "A Narrow Fellow in the Grass."


These guides engage students on many levels, from free response to vocabulary in context to answering multiple choice comprehension questions.












No comments:

Post a Comment

ELA Enrichment and Writing Coaching are two areas in which I help students by way of online tutoring.  As an example, I have an 8th student ...